About Me

My photo
I am fanatical supporter of Manchester United and nothing interests me more than football.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Separation


It was a happy marriage.

It was an absolutely blissful beginning. We could not get enough of each other. I spent most of my day with her. The long hours seemed to pass away like seconds when she was with me. I could not afford to stay away. Every minute spent apart felt like an eternity. My parents were absolutely shocked at my behavior. I did not have time for anything else. I was captivated by the smooth curves and the cute bright blinking. I was so much in awe that I used to wake up in the middle of the night to check on her.

I was in love with my MOBILE.

It was there in my pocket every second. I kept fiddling with it for long hours. Text messaging was happening at the same rate I was breathing. My parents were flabbergasted as to what could possibly be so interesting about a small device which to them was a telephone basically.

Every day I spent so much of my time sending out worthless forwards and dumb messages which really did not serve any purpose what so ever.

“Hi wat doing??” “wats up” “u thr?” “lol” “wru” “c u l8r”

As time went by it became addictive. I had to message someone whether I had something to say or not. And I was not alone. Everyone around were doing the same. With the messaging facility being given for free I found messaging was an obsessive compulsive disorder with most of my peers. People a few feet apart were texting each other. Within the classroom. In the library. EVERYWHERE. It was suffocating.

Why is this happening?

Didn’t we live well enough before we had those obnoxious small hand held devices?

Can we not live without them? No one has time for themselves. All the time we used spend thinking to ourselves is now spent on the mobile.

So I decided to take the plunge. I decided that I do not need a mobile henceforth.

The first day was an eye opener. The amount of time I suddenly had in hand was astounding.

It’s been a week now since I last used my mobile. I feel liberated. I no longer need to check my mobile for new messages. I do not need to worry about the charge on the mobile. I do not need to answer someone every few seconds. I no longer need to answer people wanting to give me credit cards. I do not need to worry about messages I receive in the middle of the night. I do not have to worry about turning my mobile to silent mode when I go in for meetings. My friends cannot message me from the last benches. I can walk a few minutes alone happily without being disturbed by my mobile.

I have my FREEDOM.

1 comment:

  1. naaye, inga avan avan phone panni phone panni tired a irukkan.. unaku freedom kekudha..!! Mavane vaada college ku... unaku sangu oodroom.. finally u ll be free.. :P

    ReplyDelete