About Me

My photo
I am fanatical supporter of Manchester United and nothing interests me more than football.

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Girl I never saw again...


It was a lazy Friday afternoon. I was looking forward to the weekend of just eating, sleeping and watching Manchester United take on Liverpool in a crucial EPL game.

My script had finally worked as expected after weeks of struggle and I had managed to send the status report on time for the first time in a couple of months. It was around 3 15 and the only task left for the week was to attend a status meeting at 5.

With no work to do I was getting bored at my cubicle. My best friend was working in the floor above me in an account that never had any work. Lucky girl I always thought. I pinged her on the communicator “Hey bore adikkuthu Barista polama”.

Yes” came the reply immediately. “Super keela va” I replied and went out of my ODC to wait for her.

She came down after twenty minutes as always. Make-up time I thought and smiled to myself. I wondered if girls put make up before going to bed as well, so that they wake up looking fresh.

Kaasu irukka” she asked. “Iruntha naa yen unna koopda poren” I replied and grinned shamelessly. She glared at me “Thu, vanthu thola”.

As always I wanted my favorite chocolate excess with chocolate sauce. She looked up and down the menu and shook her head ruefully. “Enna” I asked. “Ellame over fattening” she said. She was perpetually on diet although in the six years I had known her she had always appeared thin only. After looking over the menu card twice over she said she didn’t want anything. “Seri appo enakku order pannitu pay pannidu”. My order came and I relished every bit of it. ‘Osi la saapta le thani taste’.

It was by then around 4 15. As we walked back towards our tower I noticed a crowd near the HR building. “New batch joined today she informed me. I walked past without much thought. As I turned the corner I saw HER.

SHE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL I HAD EVER SEEN. SHE WAS TALL BUT NOT TOO TALL. SHE WAS FAIR AND TENDER. HER EYES WERE THE BRIGHTEST I HAD EVER SEEN. IT WAS AS IF THEY WERE LIT UP FROM BEHIND. HER PERFECT ROUND FACE WAS RADIANT AGAINST THE SETTING SUN. SHE WALKED WITH THE GRACE OF A BALLET DANCER. HER SMILE LIT UP THE ENTIRE VICINITY.THE WIND BLEW HER BEAUTIFUL LONG HAIR ACROSS HER FACE AND LONG SLENDER FINGERS TUCKED THEM BEHIND HER EARS. I NEVER THOUGHT A GIRL COULD BE SO BEAUTIFUL. I RUBBED MY EYES IN DISBELIEF.

Namma company la ippadi oru ponna” I asked my friend. “Ada cha podhum sight adichathu va polaam” she tugged my shirt. “Nee po naa varen” I replied. She glared at me. ”Thu kevalama illa…Ennamo pannu po”. If looks could kill I would have been struck dead on the spot. She turned and stormed away.

I don’t know how long I stood looking at HER. Finally my cell rang. It was my PM. It was 5. Status meeting. I cursed my PM and reluctantly went up looking back at HER until she went out of sight.

I never saw HER again.

9 comments:

  1. all u boys bring out the best only when u describe a girl !!! u save it for us ah ?? :P
    btw... vry nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent stuff!! Wish you meet "HER" or somebody like "HER" soon!! All the Best!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats this death thing dude? You always get a brush of it either with a soccer match or a beautiful girl....

    ReplyDelete
  4. nee loose da.. I wud ve told my PM n he wud ve come down to ve a look... waste fello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pagalle kanavu kaandutu irunthiya?? antha ponnu nejam illa thaana? athu epadi unga kannuku mattum then padudhu

    ReplyDelete
  6. @lakshmi:Thanks ..:)
    @apte:tats the price of irritating my best friend... :)
    @sujin:dai my PM is over sincere da....
    @athiya:U only gotta help me find her...keep luking in office for a girl like tat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @kalpana:adhukku ellam seventh sense venum...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dai.... intha mathiri aayiram kathai irukkumae unakku;).... By the way, nice blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. dai karthi en kooda neeyum thaana da paathitu iruntha.... ippo naa vera illa ...jolly ah solo va enjoi panra la...nee nadathu

    ReplyDelete